Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Who's Who - Sandra Kay


Who I am:  Like most of you, I am many things.  And, I am different things to different people.  I am a wife of 37 years to my wonderful husband, Bob.  I am a mother of 2 daughters and a stepson.  I am a grandmother to 7--a girl and 6 boys.  And most recently, I am a great-grandma to Dimitry, a beautiful little boy.  In addition, I am a published author with The Wild Rose Press.

What I like:  Family gatherings; friends; most foods; church; travel; reality TV (Love Dancing With The Stars and So You Think You Can Dance); singing (Can't carry a tune!); reading; and writing

What I Don't Like:  Sushi (Although, I'll admit to not having tasted it!); rudeness; deceit; arrogance

Where is Home / or / Where I'd like to Call Home:  Home is Anaheim Hills in Southern California.  I like it here, so can't think of anywhere else I'd want to call home.  A little less traffic would be nice, though! 

What is my passion, hobbies, occupation, etc.:  My family always comes first on my list of passions.  Then, of course, my writing.  My hobby is word games of any kind; crosswords, scrabble, etc.  My "addiction" at the present time is Hatchlings on Facebook.  I know--a complete waste of time!!  I am a retired office manager of a large insurance company.
 
If I could run a charity, it would be for:  Abused and abandoned children

If I could change one thing about the world I live in, it would be:  Less hatred and inhumanity!

For our blog readers, answer this if you can:
What is it with the phenomenon that causes problems to hit you all at one time? 

I mean, really, one problem a year would be plenty.  I just don't understand this strange phenomenon of everything piling on you at once, but it seems to happen to everyone at one time or another.   

For me, 2009 has been a very stressful year.  It's been one thing after another; from illness in the family to financial fears in the shrinking economy.  That fear has come true for so many people.  I personally know of six men, who have lost their jobs due to cutbacks.  Scary times!

The illness I spoke of is scary, too.  My daughter has been diagnosed with Chiari Malformation, and Trigeminal Neuralgia as secondary.  I don't know about you, but I'd never heard of either one of these conditions before.  Chiari Malformation is a rare, normally congenital, condition where the skull is too small for the brain.  The "tonsils" that extend from the bottom of the brain are forced down into the spinal column.  Some people can have it without ever experiencing symptoms.  Trigeminal Neuralgia, known to be the "most painful affliction known to man," is caused by pressure on the trigeminal nerve that comes directly from the brain stem.  I'm trying to get her insurance company to approve a referral to the Mayo Clinic in Arizona for treatment.  Not an easy task! 

The other issues are things I really can't do anything about, although I'd like to.  I feel like I'm the hub, and all these problems are spinning around me like spokes on a wheel.  I don't want to be the hub anymore!  lol  I know the Lord doesn't give us more than we can handle, but I hope He knows when I've had enough!  :) 

Unfortunately, my writing schedule has suffered because of the stresses.  It's just hard to write a romantic scene when your mind is on a dozen other things.  But, you know, 2010 is closing in, so I just keep reminding myself that "next year will be better."  It's got to be!

What are your thoughts? 
 
10. Tag someone who you'd like to see in the Who's Who Spot.  Beth Trissel



 
http://www.sandrakayauthor.com
http://www.sandrakayauthor.blogspot.com
http://www.thewildrosepress.com/heart-of-stone-p-983.html

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sandy,
    We should get together and compare notes on our beautiful great grandchildren. I have two of the sweetest little great granddaughters. I too, hope that 2010 is a better year. Wishing you and your family the best.

    ReplyDelete