Friday, December 4, 2009

Ciao Italia Five-Ingredient Favorites by Mary Ann Esposito


Ciao Italia Five-Ingredient Favorites by Mary Ann Esposito

EXCERPT 
Hardcover: 160 pages
Publisher: St. Martin's Press
ISBN-13: 978-0312377694
BUY NOW


Mary Ann Esposito is the creator and host of the long-running PBS series Ciao Italia, celebrating its 20th anniversary in 2010. She is the author of eleven successful cookbooks, including Ciao Italia Slow and Easy and Ciao Italia Pronto! She lives in Durham, New Hampshire.
For more information, please visit www.CiaoItalia.com.

My Thoughts:
     Grilled Mortadella and Fontina Cheese Panini - This is just one of the simple and delicious sounding recipes tucked into this new adventure into Italian cooking by Mary Ann Esposito. The parsley butter spread was creative and started me to thinking about what other little gems I'd find thoughout this book.
     I'm not a great cook, but I do love to try new things and need to be less inhibited in the kitchen. The simple explanation as to the difference between stock and broth was a real eye-opener for me. The fact that each recipe is llimited to five simple ingredients convinced me that I could afford to shop for the ingredients, and that the preparation time would not require that I sacrafice precious time needed for other pursuits.
     Mary Ann Esposito champions the use of pasta in a healthy diet. Something I was glad to see since I really love pasta of every shape and size.
     The soft creamy page color, helpful tips, simple directions, and fabulous color photos, all come together in a cookbook that you'll want to add to your shelf of keepers. If I had one disappointment, it was that I would have like more photos of finished dishes. I always like to know what a particular dish is supposed to look like. If you saw some of my finished recipes, you'd understand the need for illustrations. *grin*
     Favorite Quote:
    'Stale cookies and cake crumbs become the perfect instant "crust" that can be made in minutes for a gelato pie.'



I received a complimentary review copy of Ciao Italia Five-Ingredient Favorites from FSB Associates.

No comments:

Post a Comment