Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Beautiful Mess The Story of Diamond Rio By Diamond Rio


Beautiful Mess  
The Story of Diamond Rio 
By Diamond Rio

About The Book:
What made it possible for Diamond Rio to weather the storms inherent in the fickle world of fame and fortune and go more than two decades without a single lineup change? Any reader in search of transparency and a behind-the-scenes look into the life of the band as a unit as well as the individual lives of the players and singers will be well satisfied. Can true loyalty exist within the competitive, seemingly unforgiving music industry? In A Beautiful Mess, Marty Roe, Dan Truman, Jimmy Olander, Brian Prout, Gene Johnson, and Dana Williams each has an entire chapter devoted to his personal and professional life. A Beautiful Mess is a wild ride from the edge of disaster and a little-known secret to an ongoing heart-warming revival.

My Thoughts:  This unique hardcover edition of Beautiful Mess The Story of Diamond Rio lived up to the earlier reviews that I had read and to the book blurb. I chose this book because I've always been a fan of this group's music. They will be glad to know that I'm one of many fans who never had a clue Diamond Rio was in trouble. Ignorance is truly bliss.

While reading this story of their years of struggle, success, struggle, and succees, I felt as though I'd been invited into their inner circle of close friends. I experienced the frustration, hurdles, and failures that burdened their early years. I soared with them through the awards and rewards of their successful years. I gasped when learning of the disaster that almost brought them to their knees in more recent years.

The story is told with candor, humor, and tears. I especially appreciated the many photos that depicted each stage of their journey. Anyone who enjoys the music of this group will more than enjoy reading Beautiful Mess.

Teaser Snippet:
"Diamond Rio's story is a beautiful mess. And an inspiration for anyone who wants to know what's possible when a small group of people rolls up its sleeves and works together."


Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from Thomas Nelson Publishers as part of their BookSneeze.com <http://BookSneeze.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

No comments:

Post a Comment