Saturday, March 20, 2010

How To Never Look Fat Again by Charla Krupp

How To Never Look Fat Again 
By Charla Krupp
Audio and Video

About The Book:
The new groundbreaking style-guide from bestseller author Charla Krupp on how to look 10 pounds lighter, 10 years younger and 10 times sexier every day, all year--in summer, winter, at the gym, even in a swimsuit!

You'll never get dressed the same way again once you discover:

*smart, easy ways to hide arm flap, a big bust, a muffin top, back fat, Buddha belly, a big booty, wide hips, thunder thighs, and heavy calves-and that's only half the book.

*which fabrics, colors, and styles make women look fat

*absolutely the best shades, shapes, and brilliant buys to make the pounds invisible

*clever solutions for special fashion situations--workout gear, evening wear, and even swimsuits!

*which products, fashions, and services you shouldn't waste your money on

*the top ten tips that will make you look thinner by tonight!

So, if you've ever put on a piece of clothing and asked "Does this make me look fat?" Finally, here is the book that will answer your question.

About The Author:
Charla Krupp has appeared for ten years on the Today show and on more than thirty national TV shows including The Oprah Winfrey Show, The View, Tyra, CBS Early Show, Entertainment Tonight, and Access Hollywood. She is a contributing editor to People: Style Watch, and was formerly beauty director at Glamour, senior editor at InStyle, and contributing editor at More.

My Review:
This is a really nice book incorporating 16 chapters and 226 pages. When you read this book, don't skip pages. Each and every one has little nuggets you'll want to underline or highlight for quick reference. As a result of having this wonderful book to review, I've started making changes in my wardrobe. I'm starting out small and building to the bigger issues as I go along. I'm having to shop smarter than ever and it's fun, kind of like a treasure hunt. Of course, I can't afford some of the items Charla recommends, but I've found comparable items at a lower price that work just as well for me. It's a challenge, but we're up to it aren't we ladies?

It teaches you about each area of your body and gives appropriate clothing choices, even covering seasonal wear, evening wear, and workout clothing. I loved all the special little tips like: Why you don't shop for shoes in the morning. The I will never lists at the end of each section are priceless. Lots of photos cover the 'High Fat look vrs. the Low Fat look. Swap-out charts are designed to help us make better choices along with demonstrating different accessory looks. Brilliant Buy Boxes tell you where to buy, how much to pay, and even gives you online web addresses. The semi-gloss pages are filled with loads of beautiful fashion photos, and are formatted and organized for easy reading. Altogether a great book for any woman who wants to look her best.


GIVEAWAY
I have 3 copies of this wonderful book to give away. Here are the rules
- You must be a blog follow to qualify
- Only residents of the U.S. or Canada are eligible to win
- Be sure to leave an email address for contact purposes
- Leave a short comment telling us how you tackle the problem of 'Dressing to look thinner'.
Deadline is 4/20

WINNERS WILL BE CONTACTED BY EMAIL
Congratulations: Cindy W., Bookie, and Breeze


 A complimentary review copy of this book was provided by the author.

10 comments:

  1. I try to wear longer tops to look thinner ;-)

    I follow your blog too

    deb55106(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I just found your blog on bookblogs ning :) I'd love to enter this contest! I try to wear clothes that really fit instead of being too small. Thanks so much for the contest, I'm a new follower.

    inthehammockblog (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Carrie, finding clothes that are not too tight is a major key!

    BreezinBy87@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tend to wear dark colors especially slacks, and longer tops. I would love to read this book, please count me in. I am a follower.

    alongtheway at telus dot net

    ReplyDelete
  5. I follow and would love to be entered. I always wear darker jeans instead of stone washed, for the optical illusion of looking smaller.

    misusedinnocence@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I try to darker colored clothes and clothing that isn't extra large on my body.

    dawnpnr at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I follow youre blog and I wear alot of black and Dar k colored jeans It seems to help a little

    ReplyDelete
  8. I usually wear black or darker colors and my tops must be lonnnnggg. I would love to win this book. Please enter me. I am a Follower.

    Smiles,
    Cindy W.

    countrybear52[at]yahoo[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am a blog follower and wearing black is the only trick I know. I'd love to read this book!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I dress in Darker colors. I just feel more comfortable in them. I don't wear prints or anything that would make me stand out.

    I'm a follower through network blogs

    chirth7@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete