Thursday, April 8, 2010

Dark Deceptions By Dee Davis

DARK DECEPTIONS
By Dee Davis

About The Book
Torn Between Duty and Desire


Covert operations expert Nash Brennon has spent the last eight years trying to forget Annie Gallagher, his former field partner and the only woman he ever loved. Annie betrayed him when he needed her most, then vanished without a trace. Now suddenly she's back in the game - this time as a suspected traitor and threat to national security.

Annie's son has been kidnapped by political terrorists. The price for his life? Assassinate a UN ambassador. When Nash and his group find her, the smoldering passion between Annie and the man she swore she'd never contact again blazes out of control. But can Nash trust her? The stakes couldn?t be higher: Their enemy's endgame is personal, and one false move could cost them their lives.


About the Author:
Dee Davis has a BA in Political Science and History, and a Masters Degree in Public Administration. During a ten-year career in public relations, she spent three years on the public speaking circuit, edited two newsletters, wrote three award winning public service announcements, did television and radio commercials, starred in the Seven Year Itch, taught college classes, lobbied both the Texas State Legislature and the US Congress, and served as the director of two associations.

Her highly acclaimed first novel, Everything In Its Time, was published in July 2000. Since then, among others, she’s won the Booksellers Best, Golden Leaf, Texas Gold and Prism awards, and been nominated for the National Readers Choice Award, the Holt and two RT Reviewers Choice Awards. To date, she has sold eighteen books and three novellas, including Chain Reaction and A Match Made on Madison.

She’s lived in Austria and traveled in Europe extensively. And although she now lives in Manhattan she still calls Texas home.

My Review:
Grab a pillow, some snacks, and get comfortable because you will not budge for anything short of a fire once you've started reading Dark Deceptions. Author Dee Davis delivers one of the best action-driven thrillers I've read in a long time. Covert operations expert Nash Brennon and his former field partner Annie Gallagher are point-blank ON as High Concept Heroes. Both of these characters are strong enough to carry this story on their own, but together, they have enough energy to keep you spellbound, electrified, and wanting more. And if all of that isn't enough, how about a love story, one that fights for its own survival amid the terrifying circumstances that unfold. Gripping and Emotional! Wonderfully written.

 Five Fun Facts

Follow @DeeSDavis on Twitter

Check out Dee Davis' blog posts on WhineSisters.com

Join Dee Davis on MySpace

Visit DeeDavis.com
A complimentary Review copy of this book was provided by The Hachette Book Group

CONTEST
Thanks to the Hachette Book Group, I have 5 copies of Dark Deceptions to gcive away.
-Only residents of the U.S. or Canada are eligible to win
-No P.O. Boxes, please.

1. You must be a blog follower to win
2. You must leave a contact email in the comment area.
3. Contest deadline is May 3rd.

WINNERS have been emailed
 Christine H, Booklover0226, Dot S, Jayne, Tabathia




18 comments:

  1. This sounds like an awesome read...and I am a follower!
    dmkayes@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review and I confess that I am dying to read this book. Been on a romantic suspense kick lately.

    I am a follow via GFC & Blogger.

    jenma76(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the review! And good luck to all the entrants! Hope you enjoy Nash and Annie's story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for dropping by Darcie. This really is an awesome read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Scorpio,
    Hope you get a chance to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping in, Dee. I'm looking forward to reading another of your stories soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like a great book. Please enter me into your giveaway.

    Smiles,
    Cindy W.

    countrybear52[at]yahoo[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  9. sounds great. I'm a follower
    applebabe at rocketmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds really good. She is a new author to me. Will be adding her books to my to read list. I am a follower too. Thanks for the contest.
    Sue B
    katsrus(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am a follower. Please enter me

    tbarrettno1 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I follow and would love to read this.

    misusedinnocence@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love romantic suspense books.

    I'm a follower.

    dawnpnr at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I mixture of suspense and romance; I love it.

    I am a blog follower.

    Thanks,
    Tracey D
    booklover0226 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. This book is right up my alley. I love romantic suspence! Sounds awesome!

    I follow your blog.

    chirth7@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is my favorite genre. I am a follower.
    salvagin@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've been following this book all over the blogs & would love to read it. Please count me in!

    GFC follower
    Thanks ~ megalon22 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  18. please enter me
    spynaert@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete