Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Who's Who - Author Sandra K Marshall

I think the best way to get to know someone is to ask questions. Thankfully, Author Sandra K Marshall graciously agreed to answer a few for us. Of course, if you really want to know what's going on in an author's mind, you must read the book...

Be sure to visit Sandra's website and blog where you can get all the details on her latest book.
Sandra's Bio:
I'm author, Sandra K. Marshall, but just call me Sandy.  As long as I can remember that's what I've been, just plain old Sandy.

Writing is my second career, as I worked and retired from Trans World Airlines after thirty-six years.  I have two books, The Catalyst and Deceived that were e-pubbed, and one I self-published.  The second one was released in print July 1, 2010 from my publisher, Eirelander Publishing.  My third book, The Deceived, will be released as an eBook September 10th.
My stories while suspenseful are written toward the growth and empowerment of women. 

2. What I like:
I like to write, read and travel.  Smile.  Not sure if it's in that order.  I especially like to be with family and friends. 
3. What I Don't Like: 1. I don't like to be sick, which I am quite often.  2.  I don't like to be interrupted when I'm writing.  3.  I don't like to exercise, but I make myself do it, so I can feel better.  Smile.
4. Where is Home / or / Where I'd like to Call Home: I would like to call home wherever there are mountains and ocean with a warm even climate. 
5. What is my passion, hobbies, occupation, etc.: My passion is writing.  Once, I start I'm in a different world. 
6. If I could run a charity, it would be for: This is a tough question because there are so many wonderful charities out there.  I want to help all of them.  Feed and shelter the homeless, help abuse victims, animal shelters, cancer, education, etc.  There are times I wish I were wealthy just so I could help others, but that would be a full time job, and I wouldn't be able to write.  lol
7. If I could change one thing about the world I live in, it would be: That's an easy one for me.  I want world peace.  Does that sound like a pageant queen?  lol  Truly, wouldn't it be nice to have peace all around the world?
8. Answer this if you can: (One of life's most nagging questions that you'd like some of our readers to comment on) Now, this is hard.  Because I believe God made the earth to recycle itself from time to time (through earthquakes, floods, etc.) , I believe it will happen when the earth needs to be refurbished due to man's turning it into a rubbish pile.  Do you? 


Interviewer: Lynda Coker

13 comments:

  1. Thank you, Lynda, for having me here today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, Sandy. And some hard questions. Hmm, I'd like to live on a beach, too. Cool nights and warm days with the sound of the ocean as my writing music.

    Thanks for sharing.

    CC

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a warm weather freak myself. My ideal weather-- 80's during days and 60s at night-- all year long... Great segment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting interview Lynda and Sandy. I'd like to live near a lake and agree with KT on the temperatures similar to the one in the movie ON GOLDEN POND. I'm tired of this 100 plus weather.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for coming by Christie.

    A beach would be ideal as long as there are no hurricanes. Smile.

    Thanks, K.T. Your temps are ideal.

    Linda, I agree with you about those 100 plus temps. Thank you for coming by.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful post. I would love to live were the temps are in the 60's. not to hot and not to cold. Living near the mountains or ocean would be wonderful.
    Sue B

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Sue B.

    High 70's would be my favorite temps with low humidity.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sandy,

    I have to agree with you about the earth taking care of itself! I love a temperate climate where I could experience it all, beaches, mountains, deserts, whatever I was in the mood for:-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sandy,
    I'd much rather live in the woods surrounded by trees and nature. I'm looking forward to reading your latest book!
    Carla Cassidy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Paris, that's my ideal to have it all.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Carla,

    I'm dying to know if you like it, and you have to be honest too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sandy *waving* Mountains, ocean and a warm, even (80ish!) climate somewhere close to the desert--that would be the perfect place for me.

    ReplyDelete