Friday, October 8, 2010

Author Nana Malone Guest Blogs with one of her characters, tennis star Jason Cartwright

Please welcome Author Nana Malone as she tours with her new book, Game, Set, Match.

~ Let's meet the hero of Nana's new book as we listen in on an interview Nana is doing with tennis star Jason Cartwright. ~



Nana:
Welcome Jason!  Thank you so much for agreeing to chat with me today.  I loved telling yours and Izzy’s story.

Jason: 
Thank you for having me.  It’s great to be here with such a lovely host.

Nana: 
I bet you say that to all the girls.

Jason: Winks and smiles.

Nana: Fanning myself.  Ahem.  So, we don’t get a lot of tennis heroes these days.  From what I understand you’ve got a gift with quite a few sports.  Can you tell us a little bit about why you chose Tennis?

Jason:
Arthur Ashe.  I saw video of him play when I was a kid.  I couldn’t take my eyes off of him.  That and  it was acceptable to my parents.   They liked the prestige.  I’m pretty sure if Tiger Woods were big then, we would be having this conversation about Golf instead.

Nana:
Do you secretly get a little tingle when the paparazzi follow you?

Jason:
Well, I won’t lie to you.  In the beginning it was fun.  I treated them like my friends.  I thought they were my friends.  But one too many betrayals and you  learn they’re sharks out to get the largest bite out of you.  Besides, I have a family now.  They didn’t sign on to be part of the paparazzi madness.

Nana:
What’s the first thing you felt when you found out you were a father?

Jason,
Terror.  Joy.  Confusion.  I suppose like any other parent.  Never mind I didn’t become a father until he was almost fifteen.

Nana:
How did it feel to see your college crush again?

Jason:
My heart felt like I’d just gone six tie breaker sets with Agassi in his prime.    She’s the most incredible woman I’ve ever met.  I couldn’t’ believe the fates or God or whomever were giving me a second chance.

Nana:
Do you still have lingering feelings for Sabrina?

Jason:
With a tight smile and fists clenching and unclenching.  I wish her the best.  As long as she does what’s best for Nick.


About the Book:
Excerpt:

Off the court, tennis star Jason Cartwright’s playboy image is taking a public beating. On the court, he’s down forty-love. A knee injury is shutting down his game, and the paparazzi are splashing his love life on every magazine. A comeback is in order, but the makeover he needs to save his faltering career is in the hands of the woman he loved and left fifteen years ago.

While single-mom, Izzy Connors, sees people for who they really are through the lens of her camera, even without it, she knows Jason isn’t the star he appears to be. Although his charm and good looks haven’t dimmed since he broke her heart, all she sees is his wasted talent and playboy lifestyle.

Can Izzy put the past behind her and help Jason get his game, and his image, back on track? Or will the click of her camera shatter his world as well as his heart?

About the Author: From her website

My love of all things romance and adventure started with a tattered romantic suspense I borrowed from my cousin on a sultry summer afternoon in Ghana at a precocious thirteen.  I've been in love with kick butt heroines ever since.  With my overactive imagination, and channeling my inner Buffy, it was only a matter a time before I started creating my own characters.

Waiting for my chance at a job as a ninja assassin, I, meantime work out my drama, passion and sass with fictional characters every bit as sassy and kick butt as I thinks I am.  Though, until that ninja job comes through, you’ll find me acting out scenes for hubby and puppy while catching up on my favorite reality television shows in sunny San Diego.

Nana's links:
Get your copy of Game, Set, Match today at Amazon!
or at The Wild Rose Press



Why not follow Nana Malone as she continues her tour!

October 10: Shades of Romance
October 11: Smexy Books
October 12: D. Renee Bagby Presents First Chapters
October 13: My Reading Addiction
October 14: The Phantom Photographer
October 15: Romance Junkies
October 15: (2nd stop) Coffee Time Romance

1 comment: