Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Caroline Clemmons Guest Blogs with one of her characters, rancher Dallas McClintock

Between the Pages welcomes Author Caroline Clemmons and the hero of her newest story, rancher Dallas McClintock.

Here is a short bio Caroline was kind enough to send us.


Caroline Clemmons writes romance and adventure. As long as she can remember, she’s made up adventures—although the early ones featured her saving the West with Roy Rogers. Her career has included stay-at-home mom (her favorite job), newspaper reporter and featured columnist, assistant to the managing editor of a psychology journal, and bookkeeper. She and her husband live in rural North Central Texas with a menagerie of rescued pets. When she’s not writing, she enjoys spending time with family, reading, travel, browsing antique malls and estate sales, and genealogy/family history. Read about her at www.carolineclemmons.com and http://carolineclemmons.blogspot.com

 About Caroline's Book, The Texan's Irish Bride 

~ Texas rancher Dallas McClintock didn't want to marry Cenora Rose O'Neill, much less become responsible for the welfare of this wife's eccentric family. ~

Character Interview: 

Hello, I’m Caroline Clemmons and I write historical, contemporary, and paranormal romance. Thank you for stopping by this Between The Pages Today, I want to interview the hero of my current release. Yes, I know he’s a fictional character—to you. To me, he’s real because he lived in my head, nagging at me until I wrote his story. Please welcome the hero of THE TEXAN’S IRISH BRIDE, Dallas McClintock. Dallas, come in and have a seat while we talk.

Dallas: (He tips his western hat, removes it, and sits across from me.) Ma’am. Thanks for inviting me here today.

Caroline: Tells us about your childhood, Dallas.

Dallas: I was born in Georgia. That’s where my mother’s people lived, you see. They had escaped the removals by hiding in the forest. 

Caroline: I had relatives in Georgia. Would I know any of your mother’s family?

Dallas shrugs: They were Eastern Cherokee. Robbers wounded my dad—his name was Houston McClintock—and left him for dead. My mother’s family found him and nursed him until he recovered. By then, Ma and Pa had fallen in love.

Caroline: How romantic. Do they still live in Georgia?

Dallas looks down, shakes his head: No, ma’am. They were killed when I was twelve. Grandpa feared the killers would find me and kill me too. That’s when my grandfather brought me to Texas for my Uncle Austin to raise.

Caroline: I’m sorry if I stirred up painful memories. Tell us about your life in Texas.

Dallas:  It was different, but fine. Uncle Austin and Aunt Kathryn treated me like their own son, and their boys Josh and Daniel treated me like a brother. To the townspeople, though, I was just a sorry halfbreed, so mostly I hung around the ranch. Then, saving up what Uncle Austin paid me for helping on his ranch, I was able to buy my own place. I was all set raising the finest horses in the state. That is, until I heard a woman’s screams and came upon those two no accounts misusing Cenora.

Caroline: How commendable, Dallas. I believe that brings us up to the beginning of THE TEXAN’S IRISH BRIDE. Thanks for coming today. I hope readers will want to read your and Cenora’s story.

~ Thank you, Caroline, for being my guest today. I loved your interview and I know I can't wait to read this fascinating story.  Lynda

6 comments:

  1. Hi,Caroline and Dallas! Great interview! He sounds great, Caroline, looking forward to reading this story! Best of luck with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great book, Caroline! Being a Texas gal myself, I always have a soft spot for cowboys and southern gentlemen. Best wishes to you and Dallas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Caroline,
    Nice interview. Dallas sounds a true Knight in shining armour for rescuing a damsel in distress.

    Regards

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Caroline, I enjoyed this time with you and Dallas. He's such a charmer.
    Wishing you both all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ladies, thanks for stopping by and commenting. Dallas is one of my favorite heroes-a man of honor and able to control his temper. I could go on and on, but won't. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your book and your book sounds wonderful.
    Sue B

    ReplyDelete