Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Froggy Boots Go With Everything - Review by Kelsey G.

Froggy Boots Go With Everything
By:Jill Zobkor Martin
Illustrated by: Kirstin Goede Van Mourick


About the book:

Froggy Boots Go With Everything is a sturdy board book that celebrates a boy's inseparable love for his froggy boots. Simple phrases and colorful illustrations follow the boy through many activities in which his froggy boots become the prop that drives his imaginative play. The boy is accompanied throughout the book by a little frog friend who always finds his way into the scene. Adults will recognize activities from their own homes or get new ideas for playtime fun while reliving some favorite childhood memories with nostalgic appreciation. An easy Can you find... game at the end brings children back again and again while teaching important recognition skills.

Review by Kelsey G.

So..I like froggy boots as much as the next mom, but I have to admit, I was a little surprised that they could inspire an entire book! As I sat down to read this with my nine month old daughter, for some inexplicable reason, she giggled uncontrollably every time I said the words "froggy boots". I don't know what it was about that phrase, but it tickled her pink...so of course I love this book! Froggy Boots captures the attachment a child can form with special objects, and the innocent manner through which they allow their special objects to carry them to uncharted lands of imagination. The illustrations are brightly colored and detailed, and I appreciated the longevity factor (board books are a new mom's best friend). As soon as my daughter understands the meaning behind the (terribly humorous?) words "froggy boots" I'm sure a trip to the footwear aisle will be in order, to buy her a pair of froggy boots all her own!

No comments:

Post a Comment