Friday, December 16, 2011

Review - The Haunting of Twenthieth-Century America by William J. Birnes and Joel Martin

Review by Lynda:
Where do I begin? My mother used to tell me that if I didn't have anything good to say, not to say anything at all...

However, that's not an option, since I received this book from the publisher in expectation of an honest review. Maybe I presumed too much in my expectations. Nothing about this collection of disparate subjects, which read like essays, would warrant the given title of this book. I'm confused as to the purpose, or what conclusion the authors intended their readers to achieve.

In all fairness, even though I didn't enjoy this read, the mechanics and style are good and it does contain loads of information that would take hours to research and compile on your own. So, I'm going to leave the value and rating of this book up to those who might have a better perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment