Thursday, April 12, 2012

Review - Home Front by Kristin Hannah

Home Front By Kristin Hannah


About The Book:
In her bestselling novels Kristin Hannah has plumbed the depths of friendship, the loyalty of sisters, and the secrets mothers keep. Now, in her most emotionally powerful story yet, she explores the intimate landscape of a troubled marriage--with this provocative and timely portrait of a husband and wife, in love and at war.

All marriages have a breaking point. All families have wounds. All wars have a cost…

Lynda's Review: 
Kristin Hannah writes a very emotional novel about a military family whose mother is deployed to Iraq and later returns with a severe injury and amputation. You'll find a marriage in crisis and the struggle that follows to save it. The writing is excellent and the characters are well defined. In my case, I either hated them or loved them. The short chapters make the reading easier and the military information seemed well researched and depicted. 


LIKE L.K. SAGE ON FACEBOOK

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the plot summary. I wondered what happened to the main character in Iraq. I haven't read Hannah, yet. Glad to know her writing is strong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always wanted to read something by Kristin Hannah! I know a lot of people that have read and loved her books. I definitely need to check one out soon. This one sounds really awesome. :) Thanks for sharing!

    Rowena Hailey (CashFund)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a whole new outlook on those left at home and those returning. I loved this book, I shed quite a few tears while reading it. I can't explain but I feel like I have a new understanding of PTSD.

    ReplyDelete