Thursday, May 24, 2012

Interview with C.Y. Bourgeois

Between The Pages is pleased to introduce author C.Y. Bourgeois.


1.  Why did you use Palmer Alaska as the setting for Visions of You?
I used Palmer as the setting for my book because I grew up there and I know the area very well.  I wanted to use my knowledge of the area to create a verbal picture of a part of Alaska that most people will never be lucky enough to see.

2.  Where did you get the idea for Paul’s family history?
Paul’s family history, the story of how his grandfather came to America is loosely based on my own grandfather’s journey here in the early 1900’s.  I used many of my own and my family’s life experiences in Visions of You


3.  What was it like growing up in rural Alaska?
Growing up in Alaska was special.  I feel privileged to be from there.  I had a great childhood, lots of playing outdoors, and a close relationship with my immediate family, which we still maintain even now that I’m thousands of miles away.  In fact, it was so special that I let Shelby borrow my family, friends, and the place I grew up (names changed to protect the innocent, of course). 


C.Y. Bourgeois is a freshman author and an avid reader. After having spent countless enjoyable hours over the years reading other people’s narratives, she realized that she too has stories to tell.

C.Y. considers herself a native of Alaska, having lived there since the age of two.  She and her husband recently moved to northern Idaho where they now reside with their two dogs and three cats and where she is currently working on her second Shelby Leight novel, Visions of Mortality.

Her latest book is a suspense thriller (bordering on YA) called Visions of You.
Please visit C.Y. Bourgeois’ website at http://cybourgeois.authorsxpress.com/

ABOUT VISIONS OF YOU

Shelby Leight is a wise-cracking, lighthearted teenager, looking forward to a fun-filled senior year in high school.  She already knows the pain of losing a loved one, but has worked her way through the grief to come out on the other side.

Then, in the fall of 1975, in the sleepy, picturesque town of Palmer Alaska, the unthinkable happens.  There’s a serial killer on the hunt and one of Shelby’s best friends has disappeared.






LIKE L.K. SAGE ON FACEBOOK

No comments:

Post a Comment