Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Book Review of A LIFE WORTH LIVING



A LIFE WORTH LIVING
By Lorrie Kruse

BUY NOW
MORE ABOUT THE BOOK
ABOUT THE AUTHOR




Lynda's Review: 
I'm very happy I received this book for review. It's a lovely story, one that pulls at your heart. It also brought out the cheerleader in me. Matthew Huntz is a character you'll want to support through the many tragedies he suffers. His personal journey of defeat and victory are well told by the author. The love story is woven beautifully into this man's life and the result, while expected, spreads a layer of sunshine that leaves the reader completely satisfied. Perfectly paced, great dialog, and believable character traits all
combine to merit a 5 Star Rating from me.

BETWEEN THE PAGES welcomes author Lorrie Kruse and we thank her for taking the time from her busy schedule to answer a few questions about herself and her writing. Look for a review of this book later in the summer here at Between The Pages.


 
1. What would you like the readers to know about you?  I’m just your average-sort of girl. I have a family (hubby Brian, 17-year-old son Tyler), and a full-time job (legal secretary). I have to buy my own groceries (gasp!) and I don’t have a maid (one look at my house will confirm that). I love bears of all sorts and all (non-breathing variety) are welcome in my home, which happens to be a log house in the country. I’d like to think that the general consensus among people who know me is that I’m a nice person, but I’ll admit I’m not perfect and I wouldn’t want to be, either.

2. What made you decide to start writing?
 I was reading a John Sandford book, one of his Prey series, and I came up with an idea. I toyed with the idea of contacting him to give him my idea but then, the more I thought about it, I decided I could write it. I still haven’t written that particular book, but it was enough to get me rolling.

3. What advice would you give someone who, like you, comes up with a book idea and decides to sit down and write it?
 Run! As fast as you can, run for cover! Seriously, writing is not as simple as sitting down and writing the book. There’s this awful thing called “rules” that you need to follow. You need a very thick skin because you’re going to receive a lot of criticism (and rejection), but the really great thing about criticism is that your book will be a much stronger story if you keep an open mind and not take the criticism personally. I’m in a writers’ critique group (which I highly recommend if you can find a group you fit in well with) and it amazes me how many great ideas I get from the group that I never would have thought of on my own. Okay, back to the advice, gather up all the knowledge you can on the craft of writing. And be persistent.

4. What would you like the readers to come away with in reading A Life Worth Living?
 Mainly that life is just that - it’s worth living. Matt’s just woken up in the hospital, paralyzed, and he’s faced with the reality that he may never walk again. He’s a very active man. He works for his father in construction - not a good career choice for a paralyzed man. The business has a huge contract coming up that will be difficult to complete without Matt’s help. And Matt’s paralysis is causing issues with Crystal, the woman he’s supposed to be getting married to in just a few months. A lot is riding on his walking again. By the end of the book, however, he realizes that even if he never walks again, his life is still a life worth living.

5. Are there any other books in the works?
 Most certainly. I’m working on a collection of short stories in the suspense/paranormal genre. I’ve also got a romantic suspense that’s about half done. And there’s plenty of other ideas rolling around in my head. I’d love to say that my faithful fans will be able to read these stories in the very near future but the sad reality is that I work a full-time job and lately I’ve not had a great deal of writing time. Be patient and you will be rewarded.
In the meantime, I hope you all enjoy A Life Worth Living and that you spread the word.
Thank you.




Lynda's Amazon Author's Page - Writing timeless romance you'll read again and again
Likes and Tags are greatly appreciated.

1 comment: