Saturday, September 29, 2012

Book Review - Sounds of a Coo by Kelly Lambert

SOUNDS OF A COO
By Kelly Lambert

Amazon BUY NOW

About The Book: 
ISBN: 978-1-4327-8303-7
Publisher: Outskirts Press
Date of publish: July 2012
Pages: 46


The sound of a Coo is very special. And if we really take time to hear, We will soon learn about the world you see And how to you it may appear. So listen very closely when your baby starts to coo. They are telling you about the wonders of life, which to them are very new. This heartwarming and expressive collection of poems perfectly captures the way babies first experience their environment. Sounds of a Coo features poems that celebrate the magic and wonder of a baby’s world, and help us focus on the way our babies communicate. So cuddle up with your little one and share the rhythmical language of poetry. Your baby will enjoy it as much as you do!

About The Author:
Kelly Lambert’s poetry and children’s books are inspired by the experiences she and her son Sammy share in West Virginia. With a bachelor’s degree in Child Development and Family Studies, Ms. Lambert writes for the importance of children's literature and the enjoyment of each new creation. Look for Loni Lemur Loses His Tooth, coming soon!

Breeze's Review:
I enjoyed reading this book with my 3 year old and with my 1 year old. I found as a parent that I could really enjoy each of the poems I was reading because they accurately describe all the things I have watched each of my children go through as they grow and discover the world. I also appreciated the fact that the book covered a variety of topics that could incorporate everyone who reads it like grandparents, dad's, mom's, and cousins. The poems were written to capture the attention of children and parents alike and; I thought that the author did a very good job with that.

The illustrations were definitely my favorite part, they were very kid friendly but yet they were drawn with so much detail! I feel like this would make a great gift for new parents. 
The only thing I wasn't excited about was the title of the book. The title of a book is the first impression a reader gets and I didn't feel as though the title created the right amount of enthusiasm for the book. Over all, a wonderful book and I'm glad to have shared it with my children. 


LIKES AND TAGS ARE APPRECIATED

No comments:

Post a Comment