Friday, October 5, 2012

Book Review - ESCAPE by Perihan Magden

ESCAPE
By Perihan Magden

Amazon Buy Now

About The Book:
Running from a hazy past, mother and daughter tread lightly, checking in and out of hotel rooms, leaving all luggage and collected mementos behind when the mother knows they must run again. They make friends with no one and enemies with some. They are singular ? a ?Moon Unit.? Hotel workers place bets on whether the strange chain-smoking lady stole that beautiful girl away from her real mother, but to the Moon Unit the hotel people don't matter.

Lynda's Review:
I don't even know where to begin with this. This book has a strange premise that still seems to escape me. I get that it's about a mother daughter relationship, or lack of anything resembling a normal relationship. Is this mother obsessively protective or psychotic in nature? I think this must be the first time that I actually enjoyed a read where I mildly disliked, or vehemently hated all the characters. (*huh) This story plot was just bizarre enough to snooker me into turning each successive page. For that reason, I'm giving it Three Stars. This is one story that I hope you will read and make your own conclusions about. 



LIKES AND TAGS ARE APPRECIATED

No comments:

Post a Comment