Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Interview with Author Libby Floyd - SPARKELICIOUS




SPARKELICIOUS
By Libby Floyd

Amazon
Barnes and Noble




About the Book:
Laney Montgomery is living the dream – a successful L.A. fashion designer, a fabulous home in the Hollywood Hills and happily married to an English film director. But on a trip back home to South Carolina, she finds herself in the middle of a family crisis, which she’s determined to fix. However, the affections of a handsome, younger man creates havoc in her personal life. With her marriage in serious trouble back in California, Laney is faced with losing it all but maybe that’s the only way for her to find true happiness.

About the Author: Libby Floyd has been a national on-air television personality for over 15 years with appearances on ShopNBC, Shop-At-Home and The Food Network. She was the youngest ever nominee for the prestigious position of Poet Laureate of South Carolina following the release of her poetry book A Winning Heart. Libby is a graduate of the University of South Carolina and was a contestant in the Miss America and Miss USA programs.


Her latest book is the contemporary romance, Sparkelicious.
Visit Libby's website 
Connect with her onTwitter 
Friend her on Facebookat 
 



Between the Pages thanks Author Libby Floyd for taking the time to answer some interview questions for our readers.
  • Besides being a writer and a published author, I hear that you’re also a singer. What kind of music do you sing?  Yes, I am. Thanks for asking. I write country/pop songs and have performed my original songs with my band in L.A. and also with top session musicians in Nashville. I released my debut album in 1999 on Empire Records.
  • So many authors’ novels are adapted for the big screen. Would you like for Sparkelicious to be optioned as a film?  Yes! That is one of the things that I’m working on.  It would be the perfect romantic comedy or dramedy! I’m currently talking to people about it right now.  
  • Are you one to go to a coffee shop and write? No, I can’t write in a coffee shop environment, surrounded by people and noise. I can’t have any distractions when I write. But I do sometimes listen to a little soft jazz when I write. It depends on the book and the scene that I’m writing.
  • What cities have inspired your writing? There are many cities that have inspired my writing. I love to travel and have had the opportunity to travel a great deal over the last few years. I have visited so many fabulous cities, but if I had to name some of my favorites, they would be Venice, Sienna, Monaco, St. Tropez and of course, Los Angeles and my hometown of Greenville. When I went horseback riding in the Tuscan hills, I felt like Diane Lane in Under the Tuscan Sun. Traveling does broaden the mind. I always feel refreshed after a great vacation. I’m always eager to start writing when I return!

  • When did you move to L.A.?  After I graduated from college, I lived in New York for short period of time and did a little bit of modeling and then I packed up my Honda Civic and drove across country to L.A. because every beauty queen goes to Hollywood, don’t they? Well, I wanted to work in the entertainment industry and learn the business so while I was singing at night at The Holiday Inn in Hollywood, I worked by day as a talent agent for Wilhelmina Models, where I booked some of Hollywood’s now biggest stars on feature films, commercials and print jobs. My office in Beverly Hills had a view of the famous Hollywood sign!

  • What’s the strangest job you’ve ever had?   I was a showgirl in the Ronald McDonald Circus in Nashville and I had to follow the elephants!

  • I hear that your father was a famous basketball player. Tell me more about him.  My father, Darrell Floyd was a two-time All-American basketball player who lead the nation in scoring in 1955 and 1956. He’s featured in several sports almanacs and he actually had a higher college scoring average than Michael Jordan and Larry Bird. While on the All-Star team, he toured and played against the Harlem Globetrotters. He was quite an athlete and an incredible father.
  • Where would you most like to live and why?   By the ocean, in California or South Carolina. The weather in California is perfect and I have so many fond memories there but I also have a lot of childhood memories in S.C. so it’s a tough call. I would love to go to sleep every night and wake up every day to the sound of the ocean waves crashing in the distance. But I may be too happy and my writing might suffer! My other fantasy is to live in a Parisian flat in the heart of Paris, and write my books, while staring out at the twinkling lights of the Eiffel Tower. I guess I’m a romantic like Gil in Midnight in Paris.

LIKES APPRECIATED

No comments:

Post a Comment