Thursday, January 24, 2013

Book Review - Night Buddies Impostors and One Far-Out Flying Machine by Sands Hetherington


Amazon Buy Now
Pages: 320
ISBN-10: 0984741720

About The Book:
For young John Degraffenreidt, a sleepless night is no reason to fret when tossing and turning in bed brings a bright red crocodile named Crosley out from under his bed. Night Buddies like Crosley promise an evening of adventure to any not-tired-yet kid and tonight is no different! Out of bed, and into the city, John embarks on a one-of-a-kind program with his crocodile pal. It seems like Cros is a one-of-a-kind individual that is, until red crocs start popping up all over the city, creating confusion, committing crimes, and causing Crosley to go bananas at the sight of them.

The impostors must be stopped, and Night Buddies John and Crosley are just the guys to stop them! Racing blimp stakeouts high in the sky, impostor traps organized with the help of friend, and a never ending supply of pineapple cheesecake frozen yogurt make for one totally super sleepless night.

Breeze's Review - Between The Pages Guest Reviewer
I enjoyed reading this book and would like to first point out several things that I appreciated about the story. I felt as though the author picked a great way to start the story line, all children who can't or don't want to go to sleep at night dream to have the type of adventure that John gets to have with Crosley. The book did capture my attention from the very beginning and I feel that especially with a younger audience that is critical.

My favorite part of the story was how imaginative it was. Children enjoying reading books and watching movies that let them dream and explore new worlds and new languages and I felt as though this story captured all the joys of a new adventure. The author even had a special language that is outlined in the beginning of the book and although for me as an adult I found it hard at times to fully appreciate this aspect of the story, I am certain a younger audience would have been constantly entertained by that aspect of the book.

Something I wasn't particularly fond of was some of the dialogue that was used. I know as a mother myself I want to stay involved and informed about the reading material I present to my children. I found at times some of the name calling or even just the content of some conversations were out of my comfort zone for a real young audience so parents would want to make sure this is a story they share with an age appropriate child.

With that being said I still enjoyed the story and thought the author really went above and beyond in making the  imaginative. I give this story Four Stars!




LIKES AND TAGS ARE APPRECIATED


BE A WINNER IN OUR CONTINUAL MONTHLY BOOK GIVEAWAY! You can find complete details on the Giveaway Page.

No comments:

Post a Comment