Friday, June 7, 2013

Book Review - IF YOU WERE ME AND LIVED IN MEXICO by Carole P. Roman

If you were me and lived in MexicoAmazon
Page Length: 26
Genre: Children

About The Book:

"If You Were Me and Lived in ...Mexico-A Child's Introduction to Cultures Around the World" is the first entry in an exciting new children's series that focuses on learning and appreciating the many cultures that make up our small planet. Perfect for children from Pre-K to age 8, this book is a groundbreaking new experience in elementary education. Interesting facts and colorful illustrations help children realize that although the world is large, people all over the globe are basically the same.



Breeze's Review (Between the Pages Guest Reviewer)

I think a series of these books would be a treasure to own. Often times my children want to know all about the places that other kids live. I thought that this book was laid out and illustrated very well in order to capture a child's attention. Reading it with my four-year-old was fun. We talked about the differences between where she lives and Mexico. I appreciated that the author talked about things in the book that a child would be interested in; like what children in Mexico call money and what foods they eat. My child loves having this book in her personal library.


Lynda's Amazon Author's Page - Writing timeless romance you'll read again and again



3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the lovely review!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I agree... I think it's important to learn about other cultures especially when young! Very nice review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carole and Melissa. Yes, the concept behind these books is so needed. And what a fun way to teach kids about cultural diversity and the beauty of those differences.

    ReplyDelete