Monday, December 9, 2013

In Search of Romance - DESTINATION: Galveston, TX - Part 5

We've finally arrived at our chosen condo in Galveston, Texas and we're so pleased with our choice. We love that this end of the island isn't as busy as the main part of Galveston's Seawall Blvd. The covered parking and elevator access to our third-floor condo set the stage for a lovely experience.

The walk to the beach takes only five minutes and the Fishing pier and restaurant is a brisk twenty minute walk down the Seawall. For an addicted water lover like myself, the condo's three pools, lagoons, and expansive Gulf views stole my heart at first sight. The condo's location puts us within a 10-15 minute drive to all the venues we've planned to explore.

From the moment we walked through the door, we felt the Owner's genuine and earnest desire to accommodate his guests with comfort and top-of-the-line amenities. This is our third day and we've found nothing lacking. I love to cook, and this kitchen is wonderful!

The Sea Foam green walls and sparkling white trim compliments the view outside our windows. If we open those, we can hear the surf. If that isn't advantages to a romance writer, I don't know what is! And when I want to take a break from unruly characters in my story, I can catch a show on TV, or just sit on the patio and watch the waves roll in. My only regret is that I didn't book a longer stay!

If you'd like to view more of our condo photos, you can do that here.

SNEAK PEEK - Texas-Sized Love
(Setting: Galveston, Texas - Time Period: Contemporary)
(This is a work-in-progress, including title, and has not been edited for publication. )
I'll be sharing the first few pages of this story as I write these blogs about my Galveston experience. Please feel free to share you thoughts and opinions on the story and it's characters.
 
Excerpt ~Continued from (Part 4)

     The door at her side jerked open. Laney grabbed for her purse, hoping to find the can of pepper spray it contained. 
     “Hello, Wife.”
     The menace in the man's voice wasn't wasted on Laney. It had to be him, Caleb Masters. Who else would call her wife? 
     He bent down to stare in her face. “I distinctly remember instructing you to stay in New Orleans until I came for you. What are you doing here?"
     Laney swallowed her fear and pulled her hand out of her purse. By the look on his face, the mere sight of her pepper spray would probably get her killed on the spot.

     "Since you've chosen to ignore all my replies to your written instructions, I decided it was time to meet you face-to-face and solve this problem."
     His lips curved into a half-smirk. "I'm not aware we have a problem."
     Laney's resolve to hold her temper dissolved under the arrogance of that smirk. She snapped the seatbelt and bolted out of the truck.
     Caleb backed up, surprised by the sudden reaction of the petite woman staring up at him with bulldog eyes.
     Laney quelled an instinctive need to increase her 5'4" stature by rising up on her tiptoes. "You may not have a problem, but I do! I'm here to get one thing from you and I want it today!"

     Caleb couldn't help but smile at the little package of femininity who thought she was equal to the task of giving him orders. A rush of adrenalin tightened his muscles and shortened his breath. He raised an eyebrow and rested one arm on the door of her truck. "And what would that one thing be?"
     Her finger shot out before her brain could stop it. It made three sharp jabs into the man's chest. "A divorce!"

***
  • I hope you've enjoyed a sneak preview of this story.

  • Be sure to check often for new posts to this on-going series. You'll find a quick reference list in the sidebar that I will keep updated. 
  • Lots of fun and adventure ahead, don't miss the journey!


 
Lynda's Amazon Author's Page - Writing timeless romance you'll read again and again
 
Follow Me on Pinterest

4 comments:

  1. Have you been to the pyramid thingies yet? I think it's a garden? Saw them from the highway as we passed through - have always wanted to go back to Galveston just to get a look inside. I hope your trips is magical!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ashantay,
    We're headed to Moody Gardens tomorrow. I've wanted to visit there for several years. Those pyramid thingies are so intriguing. Just being here is magical. I've never had the opportunity to research a site for a new story premise before. Trying to soak up all the sounds, smells, venues, and do some people watching too. Having a blast! Thank you for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi CeCe,
    We've been hibernating in the condo since we arrived. We both needed some much needed down time. We're venturing out today to go to Moody Gardens and to try out a new seafood restaurant. I'll take some photos. We have such great views from the condo that we really don't need to go anywhere to enjoy the sand and surf, but plan on going to the beach later this week. We've never been to Galveston before so everything is new and exciting to us. Thanks for checking in and leaving a comment.

    ReplyDelete