Saturday, December 27, 2014

IF I WERE YOU AND WROTE BOOKS BY Karilyn Bentley

#Austin #Southfork #Collie #Pancakes #Cornbread #Pantser

Karilyn, It's a pleasure to have you visit here at Between The Pages. According to your bio, you're a writer that loves 'blending fantasy and romance mixed with a touch of funny' into your stories. I, for one, would love to know more about you and your writing style. So let's get started with a few IF I WERE YOU questions.

1. IF I WERE YOU AND WROTE BOOKS, Where would I live?
You would live over three hours north of Austin, TX in a large swath of metroplex otherwise known as North Texas. Dallas is the closest town and JR's ranch is right down the street. Not that you ever go to Southfork, but you will drive past it on occasion.

2. IF I WERE YOU AND WROTE BOOKS, Would I speak a different language, dialect, or local slang?
You'd live over yonder in Texas where you're fixin' to study a foreign language known as Texan. 'Nuff said, y'all.

3. IF I WERE YOU AND WROTE BOOKS, Do I have any critters that keep me company while writing? 
You'd have an old gimpy lab/bloodhound who in his younger years lived up to the name Hell Hound. Now he sleeps most of the time. Except when he wants to eat. Which is pretty much whenever he's awake. Then there would be a lab/border collie puppy since you and your hubby lost their over the
summer and took in a puppy. Crazy Puppy prefers you not to write in your office and howls/whines/jumps over the dog gate to get to you. This means that you will now have to write at the kitchen table, which makes it easier to throw ball-ball. It does nothing for your writing productivity.

4. I IF WERE YOU AND WROTE BOOKS, Would I have made a Million $ on my first book? You wish. You really, really, really wish. You would laugh like a maniac whenever someone asks if you made a million and are now going to quit your day job. Clearly they don't understand the true definition of an author: hard-working for little money. One of these days though…

5. IF I WERE YOU AND WROTE BOOKS, Would I have a website or blog? If so, where can they be found? Do I offer promo features for other writers on my blog? 
You would have a website and be part of a group author blog. You can be found at www.karilynbentley.com or http://plottingprincesses.blogspot.com. Yes, your group blog would offer promo features for other authors. Stop by and visit!

6. IF I WERE YOU AND WROTE BOOKS, Would I be a Pantser or Plotter? 
You would be a pantser, who imagines an opening scene and a general idea of where you want the book to end. If you tried plotting a story like you plan all your travel, the creativity would die and you would never finish the book. This would confound your friends, family and husband who see your over-planned life and wonder why your writing process doesn't follow that pattern. You would be jealous of plotters who write faster and finish a book sooner than you do, but if you want to write, you'd keep going with being a pantser.

7. IF I WERE YOU AND WROTE BOOKS, Would I prefer, honey, jam, or syrup on my waffles or pancakes? 
You would LOVE maple syrup on your pancakes, waffles and cornbread. The REAL maple syrup ordered from a maple syrup farm you and your hubby found on your honeymoon in Vermont. If you are in a mood, you'd even warm the bottle and serve hot maple syrup over your pancakes. Yummy!!!



Explore more of Author Karilyn Bentley world at:
Her Book
Website:
Facebook:
Twitter:
Pinterest:



Follow Me on Pinterest

7 comments:

  1. Thank you Lynda for letting me blog with you today!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved hosting you today and wish you the best of success with your writing.

      Delete
  2. Loved the interview. Maybe I can afford to come to Texas and visit when I've reached that million dollar mark. We'll have breakfast together. I love maple syrup. Good luck in all you write Karilyn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a plan, Sandra! :) Nice to know someone else loves maple syrup too! Thank you!!!

      Delete
  3. I love your dog stories, Karilyn. I have a 12 year old Pug/Terrier cross named Lou who is my writing companion. She can't stand to be locked out of any room either, and can whine and carry on just like a puppy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you Jana! I love my doggies and love to hear about others' pets too! Dogs really don't like to be away from their owners!

      Happy Reading!

      Delete