Saturday, January 24, 2015

Author Interview - IF I WERE YOU AND WROTE BOOKS - Melinda Dozier

My guest today is Author Melinda Dozier. She's a lady of many talents. Melinda, thank you for taking time from your busy schedule to do an interview here at Between The Pages.

It’s a pleasure to be here. I often get shy about answer questions about myself. I’m just a normal gal living life to the fullest. I hope you have a moment to check out my books ̶ especially my newest release, Time Out, Valentine. http://goo.gl/CfyH8g

(Lynda asks) IF I WERE YOU AND WROTE BOOKS, Where would I live? 
One of the best things about being a writer is the ability to be anywhere to do it. I’ve lived in Guatemala for almost twenty years. Though I’m immersed in a whole other language, I get lost in books ̶ especially my writing. I have yet written about Guatemala, but look forward to doing so.

(Lynda) OH! I think that would be a wonderful location for a book. I hope you get to do that some day soon.

(Lynda asks) IF I WERE YOU AND WROTE BOOKS, Would I speak a different language, dialect, or local slang?
Yo tengo la suerte de hablar espaƱol. No puedo hablar muy bien, pero es suficiente a decir que necesito.

But what’s best, here is my background. I was born in Cajun Louisiana. I grew up in New Mexico where Spanish is the second language. However, I studied French for seven years. Then I moved to Guatemala where I raise my children to be bilingual – Spanish and English. So, you could say Language is very important to me.

(Lynda asks) IF I WERE YOU AND WROTE BOOKS, Do I have any critters that keep me company while writing? 
The only other “girl” in our household is our beautiful Bella ̶ we call her “Bellita.” She is my gorgeous German Shephard who is always by my side.
(Lynda asks)  IF I WERE YOU AND WROTE BOOKS, If I took a drive in the area I live, what might I see? 
Guatemala is an absolutely amazing country with sights like no other. There are twenty-two volcanoes and they are my favorite view. Here is a picture of Volcan de Pacaya which is a daily view. It is still active and shoots fire every now and then.
(Lynda asks) IF I WERE YOU AND WROTE BOOKS, Do I consider writing a job, a vocation, a hobby, or a passion?
Writing is a passion. I cannot imagine life without it. Turning that passion into a profession is my next step.

(Lynda asks) IF I WERE YOU AND WROTE BOOKS, Would I also read a lot, if so, how do I fit that into my schedule and why is it important to me?
Reading is a part of who I am. In fact, I’m more of a reader than a writer. I read every night before I go to sleep and if I had the choice, I’d wake up reading.


(Lynda) Reading is also a passion of mine. Sometimes it's hard to strike a balance between it and writing. But reading seems to fill up the reservoir that writing depletes.

(Lynda asks) IF I WERE YOU AND WROTE BOOKS, Would I have a website or blog? If so, where can they be found? Do I offer promo features for other writers on my blog?
Website: www.melindadozier.com

Blog: http://melindadozier.blogspot.com

I always welcome other writer’s at my blog. Feel free to contact me.


(Lynda asks) IF I WERE YOU AND WROTE BOOKS, When did I first consider myself a writer, and was there a special moment connected to this realization?
When I signed my first contract in 2012, I felt like a “real” writer, though I now know it’s all in your mind. If you write, you are a writer!

(Lynda) Amen to that!

Thanks so much for taking your time to read all about me. I love to hear from other readers and writers. Follow me on Twitter here: www.twitter.com/melindadozier or Facebook: www.facebook.com/melindadoz 

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for such a fun interview!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome, Melinda. I loved doing your interview. And best wishes for your new release, TIME OUT, VALENTINE. http://melindadozier.blogspot.com/2015/01/release-day-time-out-valentine-by.html

      Delete
  2. I'm from south Texas and Guatemala may be my neighbor more than Montana in some ways. Fascinated with Maya and also volcanoes. Spanish a common language here. I don't know what got you there but you seem happy and happy too. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm from Northeast Texas and Guatemala is still closer in kinship than some of them Yankee states way up north. LOL Don't get me wrong, I love Yankees. I lived in the north for many years and they helped to broaden my Southern view of the world. In fact, the whole world of diverse cultures fascinates me. Can you tell?

      Delete
    2. Very true! We're not too far! My hubby is from Guatemala. He was my college sweetheart & we've been here since we graduated.

      Delete
  3. Melinda, Great interview! Like you, I'm a writer who's also an avid reader. Can't imagine life without it.

    Lynda--I LOVE these spots. Always so fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not prejudice or anything :)...but I love these interviews. It's fascinating to learn more about the person behind the books I enjoy reading. Thanks, Laura, for visiting us today.

      Delete