Tuesday, March 17, 2015

IF I WERE YOU AND WROTE BOOKS with Bindu Adai

My guest today is author Bindu Adai. Welcome to Between The Pages, Bindu. Why don't you introduce yourself to our readers and then we'll start the interview.

Good Morning, Lynda. Thank you for hosting me today. I'm an inspirational, romance and young-adult novel writer, and the author of a novel, The Chrysalis, and a memoir, 38 Candles. I'm currently working on my next novel, Almost Paradise: Book 1 of The Garden of Eden, a serialized Young Adult (YA) novel. An avid chai and coffee connoisseur, I love discovering new coffee houses and browsing in bookstores. I work and live in sunny South Florida. My website is: www.binduadai.com


(Lynda Asks) IF I WERE YOU AND WROTE BOOKS, What would my writing space look like?

My writing space is a cozy chair/desk surrounded by books with a beautiful view of the outdoors.

(Lynda Asks) IF I WERE YOU AND WROTE BOOKS, Do I write for myself or my readers?

Since I consider myself a reader, I believe I write for both. I have to be true to myself as a writer, but I do keep my readers in mind and want to leave them with a satisfied sigh when they read the words, “The End.”

(Lynda Asks) IF I WERE YOU AND WROTE BOOKS, Do I write better when I'm feeling great or feeling low?

I think it’s not whether I’m feeling great or feeling down but whether my feelings are passionate. My most powerful writing emerges in the midst of intense emotion, whether it’s 
sentimentality, angst, despair, or joy.

(Lynda Asks) IF I WERE YOU AND WROTE BOOKS, Do I often visit book stores and why?

I LOVE bookstores. There aren’t any indie book stores in my area, so I often just trek to Barnes & Noble where I will browse the displays and sales area and then lug all my selections to the cafĂ© where I can then combine my two favorite things… coffee/tea and reading!

(Lynda Asks) IF I WERE YOU AND WROTE BOOKS, How important is a book's title to me?

 It’s very important. The book’s title, along with the cover, is the first thing that readers will see/hear about your novel, so it has to be catchy, yet reflective of the book itself.

(Lynda Asks)IF I WERE YOU AND WROTE BOOKS, Would I have preferred to live and write in a different era than the present?

Ten years ago, I would have said yes, that my sense and sensibilities belong to more of a Victorian era, like that of Jane Austen’s. However, with the advent of computer technology, the Internet, social media, I think this is truly the best, most amazing time to be a writer!

(Lynda Asks) IF I WERE YOU AND WROTE BOOKS, What would I tell a Kindergarten and Senior class about writing?

I would tell them that writing is similar to being pregnant and birthing a child. It is one of the most gratifying, fulfilling, exhilarating, yet painful experiences in life. And publishing your novel can sometimes be like raising a child where often it feels like none of your hard work gets noticed and you continually get no thanks or recognition for it. But despite no immediate gratification, every time you look at your “baby”, your heart wells with love, pride, and you know you can never regret the work or love you poured into your book and you’d do it all again if you could.
My advice is write if that’s what you love. But have a good career back-up plan to keep you fed and clothed during those thankless and unrecognized years.

(Lynda Asks) IF I WERE YOU AND WROTE BOOKS, Using one of the following prompts, how would the first 2-4 paragraphs read?

Alex peered at the morning sun rising over the eastern horizon and 
quickly rolled to the right to avoid....


- Bindu writes:

Alex peered at the morning sun rising over the Eastern horizon and quickly rolled to the right to avoid awaking the still sleeping figure that lay next to her. She slipped her arms through the luxurious white terry cloth hotel robe and then walked to the balcony that overlooked the beautiful, peaceful shoreline of the Gulf. She watched as seagulls glided just above the water looking for their daily breakfast and as two dolphin fins bobbed in the distance. The morning sun steadily rose, casting a golden glow onto the balcony. It was another day, full of promise and possibility. She sighed and closed her eyes and allowed the cool morning wind to caress her face before turning to glance at the sleek, muscled back that still lay sleeping. Jared’s jet black hair and tanned skin were a stark contrast to the white bed sheets that he was tangled in. Alex sighed as she admired the smoothness of his skin, the way his muscles rippled and seemed to emanate strength even while he slept.

Even more than his good looks, she had always been attracted to his impenetrable strength. It was everywhere from his physical presence to his sense of character. Perhaps that’s why she had always wanted him.

She looked back over the balcony at the pool, the tennis courts, and the beautiful landscaping. An ocean-view room in a 5-star hotel, getting partner in her law firm after winning a lawsuit worth millions of dollars, being able to shop at Rodeo Drive, owning a Maserati, and now her dream man lay waiting for her just a few feet away. It was everything she had ever wanted.  Everything she had ever dreamed, she reminded herself. Her eyes welled with tears as she wrapped her hands around her belly, feeling the pain wrack through her. She never felt more empty or sad in her life.

www.twitter.com/BinduAdai
www.facebook.com/binduadai
www.pinterest.com/binduadai






Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment