#Asparagus #WritingPrompts #Alphabet #Murder
Using different categories and lists for inspiration, I'm going to be doing a series of blogs that I hope my readers will enjoy. I'll share some of my favorite recipes and devise some original writing prompts. Why not try some of both. Get creative, have some fun, and share your thoughts by leaving a comment. You're also invited to post a short example of how you used the writing prompt in the comment area. My first round of posts will use the Alphabet for inspiration.
(A) Day is about Asparagus, a wonderful vegetable that I especially enjoy grilled. To get us started, let me give you an easy recipe for preparing and grilling this little green jewel.
Photo by Petr Kratochvil
1 bunch asparagus
2 tsp. minced garlic
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 tablespoon Wasabi Sauce
- Preheat the grill
- Wash the asparagus and snap the woody ends off and place them in a large bowl.
- Toss the asparagus with all the other ingredients until well-coated.
- Adjust grill flame to medium and place asparagus spears crosswise on the grill. Cover and cook for about 7-10 minutes. Turn occasionally to prevent burning.
Writing Prompt: Construct a murder scene including the following elements.
- A previously healthy middle-aged man lies dead in his backyard, next to the outdoor grill.
- A scruffy cat sits atop the dead man's chest. The cat acts weirdly as it gently paws at the half eaten asparagus spear protruding from the dead man's mouth.
- The cat sneezes constantly as the police officer nudges him off the corpse with his foot.
Coming Soon: (B) Day - Bok Choy and Smuggling