Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Author Interview: IF I WERE YOU AND WROTE BOOKS with Alanna Lucas

Good morning Alanna and welcome to Between The Pages...



Thank you Lynda for having me on today! I am excited to be here and share my love of writing and reading. Pull up a chair, relax, have a cup of coffee (I like mine with cream), and welcome to my writing world.


(Lynda Asks:) IF I WERE YOU AND WROTE BOOKS, What things would inspire me?

Places that inspire me - A view from the Abbey

(Alanna) For me, inspiration comes in all forms- from music to art, to the places I have visited. My current favorite source of inspiration is music, specifically Imagine Dragons. I don’t know why, but my heroes come to life when I hear their music.

(Lynda Asks:) IF I WERE YOU AND WROTE BOOKS, What would I do when taking a break from writing?

(Alanna) A daily treadmill walk is a must (plus it is the only time I watch TV).

(Lynda Asks:) IF I WERE YOU AND WROTE BOOKS, Would I be doing lots of research?

(Alanna) Yes and I love it! Writing historical romance takes a lot of research. There is only one downside- it is far too easy to get caught up in the research and forget what I am supposed to be writing!

(Lynda Asks:) IF I WERE YOU AND WROTE BOOKS, Would I get excited over seeing my book cover for the first time?

(Alanna) Each time I see a new cover I get excited! It is such a thrill to see all your hard work come together. My publisher- Boroughs Publishing Group- really takes into consideration my ideas. They have given me wonderful covers, including Mistletoe Waltz, which won first place in Cover CafĂ©’s Holiday Favorites Contest! (Picture attached in email)

Places that inspire me -
Mont Saint Michel
(Lynda Asks:) IF I WERE YOU AND WROTE BOOKS, Would I love doing book signings, personal appearances, etc.?

(Alanna) Yes, I enjoy meeting people and sharing my love for writing. I think it is important to connect with readers.

(Lynda Asks:) IF I WERE YOU AND WROTE BOOKS, How important is a book's title to me?

(Alanna) The book title for me is almost as important as my character names. The title sets the tone for the book and keeps me focused.

(Lynda Asks:) IF I WERE YOU AND WROTE BOOKS, Would I also read a lot, if so, how do I fit that into my schedule and why is it important to me?

(Alanna) I love to read (read and research). My favorite genre is historical romance. I try and make time every evening to read for pleasure. For me, reading is relaxing and allows me to escape to another time and place (which is why I also love to write).


Learn More About Author Alanna Lucas:
1) website: www.alannalucas.com


8 comments:

  1. Alanna - I have a daily treadmill walk too-I see my treadmill sitting there, and I walk right past it on my way to the kitchen. LOL Great interview.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have just gorgeous covers! :) I don't watch TV either - what I would spend on cable bills goes toward my Audible addiction. :) LOL
    Great interview! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Alanna. I read in the evenings, too, although I tend to choose mysteries. And I agree re escaping to another time and place, re both reading and writing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great interview! I also love listening to Imagine Dragons, Alanna. Their music feeds the creative soul.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting. I wonder if all historical romance authors get wrapped up in the research. I know I do. When We Dance takes on a whole new meaning to me now that I realize how important titles are to you. Top of the TBR! The reviews look great, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post, Alina! Like you, I'm a huge history junkie and I like cream in my coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great interview!
    Best, Emily Mims

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know Alanna personally and she has been such an inspiration to me since I am a relative newbie to writing. For this - she made some very good points regarding titles and book covers. I especially liked that she does take a break and gets on her treadmill. Exercise is one thing I have real trouble with. I get so involved that I forget to break from my writing. Thanks for having her.

    ReplyDelete