Saturday, April 4, 2015

Recipes and Prompts - Demitasse and Ski Slopes


I'm having fun doing a series of blogs that I hope my readers will enjoy. I'll share some of my favorite recipes and devise some original writing prompts. Why not try some of both. Get creative, have some fun, and share your thoughts by leaving a comment. You're also invited to post a short example of how you used the writing prompt in the comment area. My first round of posts will use the Alphabet for inspiration. Grab a friend, tell your classmates, inform your writing class, whatever, GET CREATIVE!

(D) Day is about Demitasse. I'm a Texas girl with a French Heritage on my father's side. So that somewhat explains my fascination with Demitasse. What is Demitasse? Demitasse is a French word literally meaning 'half cup'. These cups were used to serve really storng coffee or espresso.


Demitasse

Strong coffee or espresso are the usual liquids enjoyed in a Demitasse cup, but my favorite of all time is hot chocolate. But to make this special, I like to toast two or three marshmallows over the range top and then place them on top of the hot chocolate. YUM! Try it, you'll not believe how awesome this is.


    Writing Prompt: Construct a scene including one or all of the following elements.

    • A young woman has been reported missing from the ski slope where she'd been skiing with a friend.
    • The police find an abandoned backpack belonging to the missing woman where three sets of tracks, belonging to two adults and one child, lead off the ski run into the out-of-bounds area. The backpack is filled with rare Demitasse cups. 

    Coming Next: (E) Day - Eggplant and Elevators




    No comments:

    Post a Comment