Saturday, May 2, 2015

IF I WERE YOU AND WROTE BOOKS with Dawn Dyson

Dawn Dyson is my guest today

Dawn, why don't you introduce yourself and then we'll get right into the interview.

Hello! My name is Dawn Dyson and I am a Christian novelist. My background is in Special Education where I specialized in treating Behavioral Disorders. This particular field launched my writing career and now I
utilize inspirational fiction to assist readers in visualizing a better life through strong characters and challenging events. Everything I write has strong biblical influence for in the public sector of my background work this was so limited. I spent time teaching at Boys Town which opened my eyes to the healing power of God in the development of a soul. I now endeavor to share this knowledge creatively with my readers because we are all "developing souls" no matter our age or station in life.



Lynda Asks:) IF I WERE YOU AND WROTE BOOKS, What things would inspire me?

(Dawn) As I mentioned earlier, the bible inspires me--God's word. It is the most
beautiful book ever written in my opinion and it is the basis for my
writing. Noah Webster's 1828 American Dictionary of the English Language
tells us that "inspiration" is the "infusion of ideas into the mind by the
Holy Spirit". There is nothing more inspirational than God, the Father of
Creation! Since God is all, I enjoy a wide variety of things that
fascinate me, such as nature--the seasons, the sea, horses, gardening, to
name a few. Sunsets and rises are the thrills of my day since our Nebraska
sky is so broad, we get the full effect here! It's quite a show. I also
use music for inspiration and meditation. Artwork or a good movie can also
lift creative energy from a deep sleep.

(Lynda Asks:) IF I WERE YOU AND WROTE BOOKS, What would I do when
taking a break from writing?

(Dawn)  I train American Quarter horses. I have two horses and I enjoy showing
them locally. I've ridden and shown horses from the age of nine, so it's
built into my make-up. It's the one place I can escape all else because
you have to have your full attention on them. They are the performer. I'm
just the passenger. They are so beautiful, they take center stage. That's
relaxing to me. I like to let them shine.

(Lynda Asks:) IF I WERE YOU AND WROTE BOOKS, Do I write for myself or
my readers?

(Dawn) I write for both myself and my readers. Writing a book is almost
old-fashioned in a sense, but it is still one of the best forms of
communication because it requires full attention on behalf of both
parties. Sometimes it takes a book to truly translate an idea from, or
within, yourself. Deep thought is such a rich luxury these days! Stories
are excellent teachers because they are layered, interesting and personal.
Facebook proves their value! I often write with the goal of helping
others--it's a labor of love, but then I realize later I was teaching
myself from a place deep within. Our spirit is more wise than our
impulsivity leads us to believe. Books slow us down enough to listen. I
think they will be around forever.

(Lynda Asks:) IF I WERE YOU AND WROTE BOOKS, How old would I be if I
were at my perfect age, and why?

(Dawn) I am at my perfect age right now, in this very moment. I strive to learn
from the older, more graceful "me" to come as well as hold gently the
healed inner child within. All these forms of my life are my
responsibility. Being middle aged, I need to build a bridge that would
make my youth and my golden years reflect each other proudly. I endeavor
to enjoy all aspects of life, all the time. That's the goal. Life is an
honor. The key is to live each moment in balance, in full awareness of
that high honor.

(Lynda Asks:) IF I WERE YOU AND WROTE BOOKS, What would I tell a
beginning writer to never do/always do?

(Dawn) I would tell a beginning writer to always be authentic. There is only one
you. Everybody else is already taken. Thank God for variety!

(Lynda Asks:) IF I WERE YOU AND WROTE BOOKS, What do I think is the
difference between insanity and creativity? As a writer, do I use just one
or a little of both, and how?

(Dawn) I went back to this question because it made me smile. Creativity is an
art from God. It will challenge you and sometimes bring you into the
bizarre, but it always has a meaningful outcome that makes the journey all
worth it. Insanity is simply taking this beautiful challenge too far, into
our feeble humanness. We were never meant to handle things without God. To
me, that's the difference in pretty much everything. He brings the
balance. Personally, I choose to stay on the creative side of the process
and that's strange enough for me.

(Lynda Asks:) IF I WERE YOU AND WROTE BOOKS, Would I prefer, honey,
jam, or syrup on my waffles or pancakes?

(Dawn) I prefer homemade blueberry syrup. I simmer organic blueberries and maple
syrup together. Yum!

(Lynda Asks:) IF I WERE YOU AND WROTE BOOKS, Would my writing lean more
toward stimulating imagination and thought, or taking-one's-breath-away
and pulling heartstrings?

(Dawn) Hopefully my writing utilizes both of these areas to forge a connection
within a reader. Life does this within a soul and writing is just a
reflection of that process. The heart and mind are married within the soul
and the will is the outward result of that relationship. My goal as a
writer is to help the reader forge that union between their heart and
mind, to make it healthier and stronger so the decisions that follow are
ultimately good. As a man thinks in his heart, so is he (Proverbs 23:7).



Thank you for the opportunity to answer these amazing questions! Dawn Dyson
You can connect further with Dawn at the links below:

Link: http://www.bethelfmi.org/page/dawn_dyson_interview_121214
Link: http://dawndyson.com/author_22.html
Link:
http://www.amazon.com/Dawn-Dyson/e/B00A3W8ZNE/ref=dp_byline_cont_pop_book_1

No comments:

Post a Comment