Saturday, May 30, 2015

IF I WERE YOU AND WROTE BOOKS with Kayelle Allen

AUTHOR INTERVIEW - TODAY'S GUEST IS KAYELLE ALLEN.

(Lynda Asks:) IF I WERE YOU AND WROTE BOOKS, What would my writing space look like? 

(Kayelle) I have a simple writing space. I use a desktop computer to write, but have my phone and tablet nearby.

(Lynda Asks:) IF I WERE YOU AND WROTE BOOKS, Where would I live?

(Kayelle) I live in north Georgia, just north of Atlanta. I drive to Canton GA twice a week to attend a writer's critique group. It's a lovely area. Close enough to Atlanta to go to everything I want to see, but far enough away to be out of the hubbub and noise.

(Lynda Asks:) IF I WERE YOU AND WROTE BOOKS, What would I do when taking a beak from writing?

(Kayelle) I love to watch movies and have a huge collection. I also read, and enjoy books by JR Ward and JD Robb.

(Lynda Asks:) IF I WERE YOU AND WROTE BOOKS, Would I be doing lots of research?

(Kayelle) Yes, you would! I write science fiction and it takes research. I subscribe to an astronomy magazine as well as the Smithsonian magazine. Knowing history helps me extrapolate trends of the future. I read many non-fiction books and magazines on a variety of topics. You never know what you'll find that sparks an idea.

(Lynda Asks:) IF I WERE YOU AND WROTE BOOKS, Do I have any critters that keep me company while writing? 

(Kayelle) Please note the bottom area of my monitor in the picture above. See that little guy? That's Dustball. He's a character in an upcoming book. Mine is ceramic, but in the book, he has opposable thumbs, a prehensile tail (he can use it to climb), and the brain of a diabolic mule with demonic tendencies. Readers may have Sylk in several of my books. He's a little boy who's being trained to be a thief. Dustball will become his pet.

(Lynda Asks:) IF I WERE YOU AND WROTE BOOKS, Do I consider writing a job, a vocation, a hobby, or a passion?

(Kayelle) It started out as a hobby, but I quickly realized it was what I wanted to do. Now that I'm retired I can make it my job, and vocation. It's always been my passion.


 Visit Kayelle Allen at the following links.

Come blog with me http://bit.ly/rlfblog Romance Lives Forever News http://kayelleallen.mobi/contact/ http://kayelleallen.mobi 
The Author's Secret https://theauthorssecret.com




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for hosting me, Lynda! It's a pleasure to be here today.

    ReplyDelete