Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Interview with Author Misty Simon

Let me introduce my guest today, Author Misty Simon. Misty, I so enjoyed your interview; and I'd die for a pair of those comfy looking slippers. Misty, please tell us a little about your writing career.

Hi everyone! Misty Simon here. So glad to be on Lynda’s blog! I write romance and mystery and mystery with romance. I’ve been writing for almost fifteen years and love it more today than I did when I started. I’ve just returned from Romance Writers of America National Conference where I had a blast and am super jazzed to get writing again.

(Lynda Asks:) IF I WERE YOU AND WROTE BOOKS, Do I have any critters that keep me company while writing?

(Misty) I have three dogs – the one in the picture is Princess in her bowl chair. It’s supposed to be our furniture but she took it over and loves to snuggle on what she probably thinks is a huge dog bed. I also have Zavy and Shaggy.


(Lynda Asks:) IF I WERE YOU AND WROTE BOOKS, If I took a drive in the area I live, what might I see?
 

(Misty) Well, depending on what time of year it is, the Renaissance Faire might be going and you could catch tons of men in kilts!

(Lynda Asks:) IF I WERE YOU AND WROTE BOOKS, Do I have a favorite writing spot inside/outside my home, such as a chair, corner, desk, patio area, etc?

(Misty) I love to write in my chair in my office.


(Lynda Asks:) IF I WERE YOU AND WROTE BOOKS, Do I write for myself or my readers?

(Misty) A little of both really, I write a story I would want to read and hope my readers like it, too!

(Lynda Asks:) IF I WERE YOU AND WROTE BOOKS, How would I be dressed while writing? 

(Misty) With my favorite characters and in super comfort.

(Lynda Asks:) IF I WERE YOU AND WROTE BOOKS, Would I get excited over seeing my book cover for the first time?

(Misty) Every single time! The eighteenth book was and is as exciting as the first.

(Lynda Asks:) IF I WERE YOU AND WROTE BOOKS, Would my writing lean more toward stimulating imagination and thought, or taking-one's-breath-away and pulling heartstrings? 

(Misty) Definitely pulling heart strings. I love to write about ordinary people falling in love, people you might want to go grab a cup of coffee with and hear the struggles they went through to get their happily ever after.

Thanks so much, Lynda for having me!

You can find me at



No comments:

Post a Comment