Saturday, January 16, 2016

Writers and the Seasonal Word-count Syndrome

Never heard of this malady before? Don't feel uninformed. I just made it up.

Courtesy of Mick Lissone at
Public Domain Pictures dot net
I wondered if, much like myself, the productivity of other writers was connected in some mysterious way to the seasons. I love writing in the Fall and Winter. I think it's the fact that the weather gives me permission to spend more time cocooned by the fireplace with my laptop only inches away. It also gives me a perfect excuse to have additional cups of coffee and hot chocolate, which I really enjoy while I'm off in another world writing my little heart out!

My muse seems to be a seasonal little fellow also. She's not very talkative in the Spring and Summer, probably out flower-hopping with her other muse friends. But when it's cold and rainy, she's always snuggled on my shoulder where she drops wonderful tidbits of inspiration into my ear.


Are you infected with the Seasonal Word-count Syndrome? If so, how? Don't be shy, share your thoughts.




If you enjoyed reading this, please use the social media buttons below to give this a share. 
Thank You So Much


4 comments:

  1. Lynda, I always write better in the winter. I find sitting and looking out on bright sunshine a real pain in the butt and far too tempting! I have to get up every so often and go get my vitamin D.
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea,
      We are truly kindred spirits. Those constant doses of Vitamin D sure interfere with my writing schedule. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

      Delete
  2. I'm a bit the other way around. In winter I'm dozy and just want to curl up with a blanket and a hot chocolate, reading and watching trashy films. In summer I am much livelier and love to walk and write.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How in the world do you manage to walk and write at the same time?

      Delete