Thursday, April 28, 2016

Artisan Interview with Marsha Jaramillo of Markets of Sunshine on Etsy

Don't you love discovering new artisans and their creative stash of treasures? I do. Their imagination and talents are simply amazing.

Today's artisan is Marsha Jaramillo from Markets of Sunshine on Etsy. At Markets of Sunshine you'll find whimsical story book gifts ranging from weekly planners, key chains, bookmarks, and secret compartment hollow books.




Marsha Jaramillo is a mixed media artist from Florida. She has been selling on Etsy since 2008 and has published one DIY Craft and Recipe book with her
Etsy team called Sharing Delicious Secrets.






Interview with Artisan Marsha Jaramillo

(1) What Inspires you?

Teaching my daughter at home was such a joy. I wanted her to be an avid reader so I bought her several series for girls. One being Nancy Drew by Caroline Keene. That became my inspiration to start my secret compartment books on Etsy.

(2) What’s your favorite piece of work that you've created?
My book lover gift sets

(3) What are you working on at the moment?
Book Journal Necklace

(4) Do you work alone?
My husband and I work together to create our book lover gift sets

(5) Have you had memorable reactions and comments toward your work
I have gained a following of customer's who come back year after year requesting my Little Golden book planner sets and my Eco-Gift Sampler Sets.

(6) How do you market your work?
Hollow book

I promote my business on social media and through good old snail mail and in the community to local business owners. And, through guest posts like this one.

(7) Why do you think people should continue to make things by hand?
If we don't teach the younger generation how to make things with their hands I fear that many of these skills will be lost. It is also very good therapy for the mind and allows you to relax and destress. And, people all around the world want products made in the USA.



You can visit Marsha at the following links:

Website/blog:  www.marketsofsunshine.com

FB: www.facebook.com/marketsofsunshine

Twitter: www.twitter.com/marketssunshine

Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/marketssunshine/

Etsy: www.etsy.com/shop/mysecretcompartments

www.etsy.com/shop/marketsofsunshin





4 comments:

  1. Great interview, and I'm looking forward to release of Marsha's Book Journal Necklace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are such a great friend Sally aka The Ostrich. I am working on the book journal necklaces daily trying different styles and sizes. Once, I perfect it I will be launching them in my newsletter VIP Sunshine Club and then on Etsy.

      Delete
  2. Wow, great interview with Marsha. I love her items and have been a satisfied customer for years!! She not only has wonderful products, she goes above and beyond as far as customer service too. I give her a five gold star rating .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Joanna for your loyal support to my handmade business! We love having customer's like Joanna and Sally. They appreciate the hard work that goes into making a high quality product that only can come from small business owner's. They also share our work on their social media which is the best form of advertising...word of mouth. That is what allows these handmade skills to continue to exist is loyal support from the community.

      Delete