Saturday, April 9, 2016

Spotlight of COME LOVE A COWBOY - Anthology

BUY NOW
Eight stand-alone Contemporary Western Romance novellas from Award-Winning Authors.


Here's you chance to fall in love with a cowboy that's perfect for you. How about a firefighter, daredevil bronco buster, wealthy rancher, or a too-lovable bad boy?

Come Love A Cowboy has something for everyone. I love anthologies. I like to browse through the list of stories making a reading schedule, as to the order in which I'm going to read them, then leisurely enjoy each and every one. 


Today, I'm going to share a few thoughts on just one of the exceptional stories, Bad Boy, Big Heart by Andrea Downing. I've read several of Andrea's books in the past and I've never been disappointed. She writes from the heart, not just her own, but straight from the hearts of her characters. I never feel as though she rushes her story or short-changes her readers with cookie-cutter heroes, heroines, and plots.

KC and Chay's story, as it unfolds in Bad Boy, Big Heart, makes me catch my breath on the very first page, as the author introduces me to KC and Chay and to the world where I'll watch them fumble through the complexities of life and love, Wyoming! Here's an excerpt:

 ~ So much land, stretching away toward the mountains. Instead of the squares and spires of a city skyline hiding the streaks of sun and clouds, depriving the city of blue, here was endless blue, the horizon of earth and sky made jagged by the distant peaks as if they held the clouds aloft. An immediate feeling of space gripped her, a boundless world, a sense of freedom... ~

If that doesn't give you goosebumps and make you immediately book a flight to Wyoming, well, just read a little further...you'll get there sooner or later!

And what can make a young woman's heart beat faster than a Bad Boy? It's the proverbial warning. You know the one. It's supposed to stop you, but ends up catapulting you straight into the middle of the fire. Don't take my word for it...see for yourself with this excerpt:

Let me give you one word of advice, Miss City Girl. One word you most likely won’t pay a blind bit of attention to, but I’m gonna give it to you anyway. And it’s this: don’t, repeat don’t, fall in love with Chay Ridgway.

I never summarize the story in my reviews, but I do like to tell you what I like and I liked a lot. I liked the push and pull between KC and Chay, their diverse backgrounds being a natural catalyst to igniting a spark. I liked the secondary characters that fill the big Wyoming background with color, humor, and authenticity. I love the rich dialog that kept me smack in the middle of every scene. I loved the ending...like a sunset ablaze with color that warms the heart as it sinks into tomorrow. 

Great Job, Andrea! 
And congratulations to all the authors of 
Come Love A Cowboy.


Luke’s Fate by Kathleen Ball
Meg O’Brien hoped never to lay eyes on the one man who broke her heart. To her dismay, Luke Kelly arrives at her ranch a much different and broken man. Can Meg ever forgive his callous treatment of her and help Luke become the man he used to be?
Grant Me The Moon by Caroline Clemmons
All Tory Fraser intended was to show her high school history club students a local archeology dig. How could she know the excursion would involve a murder?
Three for The Win by Keta Diablo
Hollis should have known better than to fall for a bone-melting man like Stede. He’s gone now and Eli is left to pick up the broken pieces of her life.
Border Affair by Hebby Roman
When his partners’ daughter is kidnapped in México, a self-made millionaire must confront his feelings about their affair and the future of their relationship.
Leaving Necessity by Margo Bond Collins
Mac has one week to convince his ex-girlfriend Clara not to sell his oil company. In this high-pressure reunion, can they strike love again?
The Shape of Destiny by Julie A. D’Arcy
A young male shape shifter. A beautiful female ranch owner. Can love be born in a web of deceit?
Bad Boy, Big Heart by Andrea Downing
She’s a New Yorker escaping her parents. He’s a Wyoming cowboy supporting his dad. One summer, two young people—three months to find love.
Desert Heat by Patti Sherry-Crews
A single mother struggling to keep her guest ranch puts her own desires on hold. When a handsome and persistent fireman sets his sights on her, she must decide how much she’s willing to give.



3 comments:

  1. Oh, Lynda, what can I say? I am SO flattered and HAPPY you enjoyed my story. Thanks so very much for taking the time to review Bad Boy, Big Heart and give a thumbs up to COME LOVE A COWBOY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea, It was my pleasure. I wish you and the other writers continued success and endless stories to tell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynda, thank you so much for your review!

    ReplyDelete