Saturday, July 30, 2016

How often do you scan a QR Code? Marketing Tools

How often do you scan a QR Code when shopping or just looking for information: Never, Seldom, Often? I use a QR app reader on my phone quite often. QR codes get me to sites I might never find on my own. They often lead me to important data, instructions, tips, advice, etc.

Just the other day, I was given a business card while waiting at the doctors office. I noticed the QR code on the back and went ahead and scanned it while I had time. I found the most amazing site on sun-dyed fabrics. While I'm sure that wouldn't excite a lot of you, it certainly did me, as I've been wanting to try that for myself. So what is the point of all this rambling? It suddenly dawned on me that I'm missing out on a very effective tool for promoting my Etsy shop, where I showcase my Artfully Designed Handbags.

Does it work? Statistics seem to show that retailers are still saying that the QR codes they use are effective promotional vehicles. The easy transition from a static code to an active online site is a fast, efficient, and profitable tool. But let's not just talk about these codes, let's actually use one. GO AHEAD! Scan this little box with the QR reader on your phone, NOW!

Don't have a QR reader app on your phone, no problem, just download one from your favorite app store, they're free!

So okay, I've now convinced you that you just might find a use for these strange little doodle boxes for promoting your business, but where do you get one of your own. NO PROBLEM... You can get one free.

Now that you've created your own QR Code. Where can you use it for the greatest impact. Here are just a few suggestions:

  • Commercial Magazine or Catalog Ads
  • Back of Business Cards
  • Your Business Thank You Cards
  • Your Newsletter
  • Flyers
  • Promotional Hand-outs and freebies
  • Advertising Posters, Post Cards, etc.
  • Your Packaging
Do you have an additional suggestion for using these codes? If so, why not take a moment and share those with us.



4 comments:

  1. I love this post so much Lynda. It will be a great tool for me to use in so many ways. The list you gave already has lots of ways that I will use my QR code I created for my website.
    Thanks for inspiring me again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marsha, I'm so glad you found this post useful. I'm working on utilizing this code on several things myself. It will be interesting to track the usage of these codes over the next 6-12 months. Happy Coding!

      Delete
    2. Sounds like a good idea! I'm going to try that. Thanks for the suggestion!

      Delete
  2. Great post Lynda! I hope others will find out just how useful this tool can be!
    I have used one off and on ever since they were available. Will need to add one to my new business as well. Thank you so much for a great read!

    ReplyDelete