Saturday, September 9, 2017

Book Review - First Ten Pages - Into The Sunrise by Carolyn Haley


So, what exactly is the point of a ten page review? Obviously, it's not the story itself, the effectiveness of the plot development, the quality of character development, or the overall talent of the author. What I'm reviewing is the author's ability to draw me into their story in just a few pages. Can they give me a sense of place and time, set the tone of the story, make me care about their protagonist, and give me an impelling reason to keep reading. In today's competitive market, an author only gets a few pages to make all that happen for a reader. The rating reflects my view on those elements. It doesn't reflect on the whole book, since I haven't read the entire story. So I encourage those who read these reviews to keep that in mind and to peruse other whole-book reviews to help make your buying decisions.


Title: Into The Sunrise
Author: Carolyn Haley
Genre: Vintage Romance
Publisher: The Wild Rose Press

Review Rating: 
*** Hum... Has Possibilities - I'll read ten more pages


Review Comments: 
Recovering from an accident involving horses, Linny finds herself at a crossroad in her life--a choice between her dreams or what others dream for her. When she meets Con Winston at a trail-riding stable on Cape Cod, Massachusetts, I got the immediate impression that this man, with dreams of his own, would in some way profoundly affect her future. It's a leisurely start to a story line that promises to take me into the Sunrise. Who wouldn't want to turn a few more pages?

Quote from Book:

With my job gone, Michael gone, and my dream in jeopardy, I had to find my place in the equestrian world—soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment